Friday, January 8, 2016

2016 Finish-A-Long -- First Quarter Goals

Three months -- six projects!
Seems reasonable doesn't it?
Here we go!
 
#1 -- quilt and bind my hexagon mosaic quilt!
#2 -- finish my Glitter teaching sample -- lap size -- 60 blocks!
#3 -- make a second teaching sample using at least six of the Dresden Star blocks (this is the first sample) using a new assortment of bright prints.
  #4 -- have fun creating a quilt with the wonky bird blocks from my 2015 Stash Bee swap blocks! 
 #5 -- make a twin size quilt from my (extensive) blue stash using the "plus" design that I see so often and love -- to be donated to a good cause!  I plan to take this one and #6 to my annual winter stitching retreat at the end of January and get all the cutting for them done while there!
#6 -- make a new quilt using a simple design and this assortment of soft greens for my daughter's redecorated guest room.
That should keep me busy for a few months!
Now I think I'll head over to one of the link-ups and see how crazy everyone else is getting with their goals!!  You can check it out too by clicking on the logo for the 2016 Finish-A-Long in the upper right corner of this page.
 
I hope you'll find as much time to stitch as you want this weekend!
 
Mary Huey
 
UPDATE:  Here's a link to a very helpful post about participating in the 2016 Finish-A-Long!
 
 

5 comments:

  1. What a fun and exciting list this quarter, The Glitter is among my favorites but also are The "Plus" and ZigZag. Good luck with your finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stash bee birds and they are on my list this winter too! Yours are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow an ambitious quarter. Your WIPs are lovely. The birds are adorable, is there a pattern available for them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There is a link to the tutorial I used for the birds in this post from August -- http://maryhueyquilts.blogspot.com/2015/08/just-for-my-grands.html

      Delete
  4. Oh, yes. All that should keep you busy!
    I am keen to see what you will do with all the bords!

    ReplyDelete