Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Few More Finished Quilts!


 
Here are a few more winners from the Lake Metroparks Quilt Show -- today (3/26) is the final day!! 

 I found the first place quilt that I missed last week.
Gail Koraith (with Carol Preston)
General Mixed Techniques -- All Sizes

 Best Hand Quilting
Carole Mooney
Applique -- All Sizes
 
Best Machine Quilting
Linda Henderson
Individual Mixed Techniques -- All Sizes


 People's Choice
Virginia Nekic (with Kathy McCarty)
People's Choice
Louise Mayer
 
People's Choice
Roberta McAlistar
(lovely quilt, poor photo on my part!)
 
And the last three are entries from my students!!
 
 Shaila Sundaresh made this from my 2003 mystery pattern celebrating Ohio's Bicentennial -- always fun to see another one of those finished.  If you'd like the pattern, I think I still have a few copies of it -- just e-mail me at maryhueyquilts@hotmail.com
 
  Dianne Young started this in my first Hexagons and Allies Seminar -- used Set-In Piecing Simplified technique and "stack and whack" to create a great quilt.  There are four workshops listed on my website that are derived from the original seminar -- I love to teach this technique so check it out and perhaps I can visit your area and teach one of them!
 
 
And Mary Paulin made this Double Wedding Ring wall hanging using Marti Michell's templates and that wonderful floral from my shop, Erie Street Quilts.  It reminds me that I have a hunk of that floral in my stash and I need to use it so it doesn't end up on the garage sale table in the future!!

Sharing over at WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced today -- always inspiring to see what other quilters are doing!
 
Have a good day!
 
Mary Huey


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a treat! Of course, my favorite is Dianne Young's - lol.

    ReplyDelete