Monday, April 3, 2017

Sensible Goals? 2017 Finish-A-Long - Second Quarter

It's Spring here in NEOhio and I don't just quilt!  I'm a birder, too and spring is our big season!  So I need to take a sensible approach to my second quarter goals!!  Right now I want to be out on one of my survey routes to see if any new migrating birds have arrived since I was last there 6 days ago!!
 
I also need to keep in mind that I'm enjoying two sewalongs which continue through the next three months. Since I'm keeping up and having fun and I'd like to keep it that way!
 
These are my blocks so far with Lorna over at Sew Fresh Quilts Have a Jolly Little Christmas (HERE) -- I'm making two sets of the blocks with the idea that I'll gift them to my grands this year!
And I've also started the Long Time Gone sewalong with Marti Michell (HERE) and Angie at GnomeAngel (HERE).
I'll share some of my progress on this one later this week!
So making sure I have time to stay caught up with those two projects and the birding has set me on an atypical path by setting just three goals for the current quarter.
 
My Lichen quilt is a rollover from the first quarter and I want to keep the momentum going on this one -- needs quilted.
This cutie is a crib size adaptation of my Sandstone pattern to include flying geese units.  It needs quilted and if a baby doesn't appear on the horizon, I'll list the finished quilt in my Etsy shop. 
Third and finally, to quilt the Smorgasblocks top I pieced last year during Anneliese and Brenda's sewalong at EyeCandyQuilts -- check them out HERE.  I know exactly where this is destined to live so I want to get it to her sooner rather than later. 
This is a little like packing for a retreat -- so tempting to run back up to the studio and tack on just one or two more projects -- but I really will appreciate the lack of pressure and the flexibility of fewer goals during the spring season so I can dash here and there to catch the birds as they travel through
(like those golden-crowned kinglets I can hear squeaking outside my office window)!!
 
Linking up HERE.
Hope your April showers don't dampen your spirits!!
Mary
 

3 comments:

  1. My goodness, so many beautiful projects! You can totally knock a few of them off the list this quarter. Thank you for linking up on behalf of the 2017 global Finish-A-Long hosts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your colour choices in the very different looking projects. Good luck tackling the projects. =) Enjoy spring time and bird watching

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fun to see the many different styles you play with, Mary. You have traditional colours and patterns, and more modern brights, and even an art quilt!
    Have fun bird-watching.

    ReplyDelete