After a setback on Thursday and a conversation with an APQS technician, I headed for the old Bernina and finished this quilt up today!!
I had started a wonky diamond cable on George when it jammed up. The first time I did this border design, I was still working on my Bernina with the walking foot so it was easy to go back to that equipment and not get out-of-control about George being jammed up.
The longer I machine quilt, the more I realize that very highly skilled machine quilters (regardless of what type of machine they use) are much more particular souls than I am. I piece because I love to do it but I quilt because I have to do it.
So at this point, I've taken an adaptive attitude -- since I don't have the patience (?) to deal with fine detail, my quilting style is improvisational and whimsical!
The wonky diamond cable!
I stitch across the border at an angle until I get within about 1" of the edge.
Pivot about 45 degrees more or less and head back across the border to the opposite side.
I echo both lines to emphasize the diamonds.
It's a perfect border design for this assortment of fabrics -- just the right amount of whimsy!
As I was doing it this time, I thought it might be fun to add another pair of lines in a different thread color to make the design look like an argyle -- but that's for another quilt.
I will sketch it out so I don't forget the idea and file it in my pile of quilting design inspirations.
Feels good to have another project crossed off the second quarter list for the 2015 Finish Along!!
Bring on the next deadline!!
Linking up with all the other finishers at the