Wednesday, October 31, 2018

One Monthly Goal -- I Made It!!

I apologize for interrupting your regular Halloween night programming, but this big quilt just moved from the ancient UFO stacks to it's forever bed!!
I shared how I was finishing it in four sections HERE.  This morning I finished quilting the last bit down the center of the quilt where the two halves were joined together.
This afternoon, I took it along to my Wednesday stitching group to trim (no large empty surface at home!?!).
The binding was cut so I could get right to that when I got home! 
I love the way the back looks!!  I used Maderia Thread's 40 wt. AeroQuilt machine quilting thread in variegated teal/green/blue.   I am always pleased with the bobbin tension when I use this thread.
The quilt  was started by my oldest daughter about 15 years ago and I've been plodding along with it for the past 5 years.  I threw it out across her bed for a quick preview of how it will look in use. 
 It's good!!
She's not home from work yet, so I folded it up and left it on her bed as a surprise.
Now she'll have a new quilt to match her new house when she moves in later this year!! 
The pattern is my design -- Mississippi Mud -- you can order a PDF version in my Etsy shop right HERE!!

Ready to set a new goal for November!!

Don't eat too much candy this weekend!!
Mary




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful finish! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete