Sunday, October 1, 2017

4th Quarter 2017 Finish A Long Goals

I can't believe it's time to set finishing goals for the last quarter of 2017??
It's such a busy quarter than I'm going to keep it simple because I know other projects will catch my eye as I generate Christmas gifts.

First and foremost, must absolutely be finished are two Jolly Holiday sampler quilts for my favorite grandson and favorite granddaughter!!  As of this writing, one top is assembled and the second just needs an afternoon of studio time to be ready to layer.
Backing fabrics are in hand.
Quilting will be simple and durable because I know these will become living room cuddlers.
I love that my kids and grands use the quilts I make for them!!
(Head over to Lorna's blog HERE to check out these patterns.)
This UFO has put in 12 (or more) years on the ready-to-quilt shelf.
I layered it this summer to illustrate how I do that on a table (click HERE to read that post).
So I might as well quilt it and let it start the useful part of it's life!!
I'm thinking it might be donated to a fund raiser for a local family. 
(The pattern is in Karla Alexander's book, Stack a  New Deck -- LINK).
Finally, this a rollover from the last quarter (and perhaps the second quarter?).
It's the crib size version of my pattern, SANDSTONE - you can buy the digital version HERE for $5.
It's layered and would be a good fall addition to my Etsy shop.
Need a baby quilt? 
I'm sure grateful to the gals around the world who maintain the Finish A Long connection!!
It's so much fun to see what everyone is doing and the inspiration is terrific!!
What are your goals?

Mary

Linking up HERE!


2 comments:

  1. I'm looking for the Sandstone pattern but cannot find a link that works, nor do I see it in your Etsy shop. I was going to suggest the pattern for our guild's next CS quilt.
    I searched and read the previous posts, and like the addition of the flying geese!
    Thanks, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I still am short three blocks on the Christmas quilt along. Must get busy!! Yours looks great. I like those cornerstones (but I'm not going to do it).

    ReplyDelete