Thursday, March 9, 2017

Caught Up!!

I love to be caught up, don't you? 
This winter/spring I'm stitching along with Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts making the sampler blocks for her 2017 Christmas quilt.
 
I'm hoping to knit some patterned wool mittens this year, but in the meantime, Lorna's mitten block inspired me to dig out a very precious piece of Alexander Henry to "fussy" cut the body of the mittens.
I used up what I had left and now there is no danger of it getting lost in the stash!! 
I like the way Lorna organizes the cutting for the blocks -- it's easy to understand though I do have to "check" each piece off the list so I don't miss anything.
Once the cutting is finished, the stitching is straight forward with easy piecing. 
Here are my two bow blocks -- green for my grandson and red for my granddaughter 
During the retreat last weekend, I took along an assortment of fabrics to cut and piece the fifth block -- the poinsettia block.
Now I'm all caught up and ready for the sixth block which will be available on Saturday on the Sew Fresh Quilts blog HERE 
Good grief, that block is wrong -- okay, so I'll be caught up in a bit!?! 
We are headed for a sampler style quilt but Lorna has also been sharing other inspiring makes using the blocks.  I never get such an early start on Christmas so thank you, Lorna!!
 
Zoom, zoom!!
Mary
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Just lovely and I spired me to join you....Thanks Msry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your blocks--what pretty fabrics you have to use on these blocks--
    enjoy the moments,di

    ReplyDelete