Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Courthouse Stars -- Pattern Release!!

Ten years ago, just before I closed Erie Street Quilts in Willoughby, Ohio I wrote one final mystery quilt for my loyal customers. 

Courthouse Stars

This is the original version and it still grabs people's attention. 
 Clear, clean contrast is a trigger for me and it must be for lots of other folks. 
My students results (as seen below) were so exciting that I consolidated all the steps together into a pattern which I've been teaching and selling ever since. 
This spring I began my third version as a teaching sample for my 2015 workshops choosing fabrics for an updated look.  I wrote about that HERE.
It's still in the same state -- because I still have workshops booked it's will need to keep working as the step samples.  As a matter of fact, that is where I am today -- teaching this workshop.   The focus of the workshop is learning to use Marti Michell's Log Cabin rulers and tackling the "fast, easy flying geese" technique (which  I shared some tips about HERE)
Since I've "retired" from vending at face-to-face quilting events, I've decided to add the full pattern to my Craftsy store for easy downloading!! 
For those of you with significant fabric assortments at your fingertips, the blocks lend themselves to a "scrappy" fabric pull and you may only need to purchase some yardage for the outer border.
The quilt also lends itself easily to machine quilting in sections -- I did the green and brown one in four "crib" size sections making it very manageable on my basic home size machine.
 
And of course, I'm happy to answer any questions about the pattern should you decide to purchase it and give it a go. 
 
Mary Huey 
 

1 comment:

  1. It always amazes me how fabrics can change the look of a quilt. New prints combined with an older pattern make for a fresh, vibrant and exciting quilt!

    ReplyDelete