Friday, October 11, 2013

Rev Up the Engines!!

I'm going on a retreat!!  2 complete days (if I get packed and rolling) of sewing without any interruptions!!  So what am I taking?  UFQ's -- what else?   It's time to practice what I preach in UFQ Assault Tactics!!


I've been piling things in this chair all week -- now to check it over and be sure I have everything I might need.


I have the 30 blocks and all the pieces/parts of the sashing plus extra fabric if I've miscalculated the sashing again -- better safe than aggravated!! 
PLAN -- to come home with a finished quilt top!


I have the backing (on the left), the quilt top (maybe 20 years old?), and the batting -- even have the binding made! 
PLAN -- to come home with it layered and ready to quilt!


Finally, this top is finished!!  And I found appropriate backing fabric in my stash, bought some black batting, and it's ready! 
PLAN -- to come home with it layered and ready to quilt!!


This top is only 10 years old but it belongs to my son -- his Ohio Bicentennial Quilt.  His sisters lived out of state when I did this group of 3 quilts and theirs were finished for Christmas 2003, but . . . .
PLAN -- to come home with it layered and ready to quilt!!!   

And just in case I get all that finished, I have a few small backup projects to take along.  Now I must go find the safety pins!!

Have a good sewing weekend!

Mary Huey
www.maryhueyquilts.com




No comments:

Post a Comment