Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Halfway!!!

Hooray, hooray, hooray!!!   I hit the 108 yard mark today as I made the backing for the tessalated windmill sample that I showed in the last post!  

As I was cutting that sample of last week, I looked across my cutting table and realized it might be time to clean it off.  

What do you think?

So, I decided that when the sample was set together and the backing made, I would work on clearing off the table.  And even more ambitious than that, I would finish one of the unfinished projects cluttering the opposite end!!  I would not be distracted by the lure of an interesting piece of fabric that might be lurking there!!  I would be focused!! 


By golly, I did it this afternoon -- in under 2 hours!?!  The cutting table is cleared off -- turns out most of the clutter was piles of new fabric or fabric that I used on recent projects and hadn't put away, or teaching samples that I needed to return to their slots.   What a surprise to discover I have TWO big cutting mats on there?!?   (Just kidding -- I knew that.)  Tomorrow I may reorganize it a bit -- put the tool baskets in more convenient positions.  And I probably should clear the clutter on the floor away from the edges of the table so I can walk all the way around it.  If my son was here, he would have some smart remark to make about there being a table there.


And here's the lucky project!!  A stack and whack with a gorgeous fall fabric -- it's a huge hexagon and I've always thought it would make a great tablecover.  Trouble is that I don't have a round table -- I have a long rectanglar table.  So it's never been finished.  It's laying on the table right now as I consider how to reorganize it a bit and make it a rectangle.  First step is to take off the right and left rows and I'll do that this evening while I watch an English mystery -- easier to unstitch while diverted!!  That will give me 6 hexagons I can move to the ends to make it longer and we'll see what else happens.  It will be great to have it ready for the fall this year!!

A good day in the studio!!  I hope you are able to get to your cutting mat today!!

 

2 comments:

  1. Good to see that beautiful stack and whack getting out and about. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's not done yet -- just out, but I did get some ripping and stitching done on it today!

      Delete